Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Book Reading #40 - Coming of Age in Samoa

Ch 14

Summary:
The life of an American girl is viewed in this chapter from the view point of that girl. She tries to show the number of choices she must facing everyday life and what leads them to make decisions. She then proceeds to talk about education of these children and how parents should educate their children to face many choices.



Discussion:
I do not agree with this teaching method, especially rewards if you do good. I feel the way I was raised has had a good impact on me. I was raised knowing that I had to do good in school and did ot expect any rewards but as soon as I did bad, I would get punished. The only rewards I ever recieved was when I went above and beyond my obligation of doing well in school. Now because of that, I feel doing well in school is no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment